Vanilla Almond Milk Ice Cream
Write a review
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¾ cup coconut sugar (or ½ cup maple syrup or honey)
- Pinch salt
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed or whisk to combine the almond milk, coconut sugar and salt until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the coconut milk and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Turn on the ice cream maker; pour the mixture in and let mix until thickened, about 15-20 minutes. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
- Makes about 5 cups.
- *This recipe is perfectly proportioned for a 1 ½ quart ice cream maker like the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker.