Write a review
- 4 ½ cups mushrooms, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 6 celery stalks, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh sage
- ½ tsp minced fresh thyme leaves
- ½ cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large soup pot, sauté onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Add the sausage and brown.
- Add the carrots, celery, mushrooms, chicken broth, cherries, almonds, sage, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix well, bring to a simmer, and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the veggies begin to absorb the chicken broth.
- Transfer to a large glass baking dish, cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.