Thai Curry Soup
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon grass, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 oz) bag baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, lemon grass and ginger. Cook and stir until aromatic, 30 to 60 seconds. Add the curry paste and cook 30 seconds more. Pour in ½ cup chicken broth and stir until curry paste has dissolved, then pour in remaining chicken broth along with the soy sauce. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, mushrooms, peas, carrots, spinach, lime juice and cilantro. Increase heat to medium high and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve and garnish each bowl with a sprinkle of sliced green onion.