Steamed Carrots and Brussels Sprouts
Write a review
- 3/4 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 3/4 pound carrots, peeled, cut into short matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Fill a large pot with an inch of water and arrange a large steamer basket in the bottom of the pot.
- Cover and bring water to a boil.
- Uncover and arrange Brussels sprouts and carrots in basket.
- Cover and steam, tossing vegetables halfway through, until tender and bright, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, add, salt, pepper and tarragon and toss well.