Slightly Sweet Cranberry Sauce
Write a review
- 2 bags of fresh cranberries (they are usually 12 ounce bags)
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice or orange juice (I recommend pineapple!)
- 1/2 cup of applesauce (no sugar added)
- 1/2 cup of water
- juice and zest of one orange
- Put cranberries, pineapple juice, applesauce and water in a sauce pan and and bring to a boil.
- Keep on medium heat, stirring constantly until the cranberries start to explode (about 10-15 minutes).
- Reduce to a simmer and pour the juice and zest over the cranberry mixture.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes and remove from heat.
- Cool completely and store in fridge at least 4 hours but preferably overnight before serving.
- NOTE: This is not as sweet as store versions! Taste at the end of cooking. It is naturally sweet from the fruit juice and applesauce but you can add honey or stevia to taste if needed.