Scrumptious Salmon Cakes
Write a review
- 2 cans of pink or sockeye salmon (~15oz/can)
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, red, medium
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 whole eggs
- ½ teaspoon thyme, ground
- 4 cups of spring mix salad or spinach
- Olive oil to taste
- Note: use canned salmon (drained), salmon in a pouch, or leftover cooked salmon.
- Wash and finely chop green onion and bell pepper.
- In a medium bowl, gently flake salmon.
- Stir in the green onion, lemon juice, thyme and black pepper.
- Add egg to salmon mixture, mixing thoroughly to combine.
- Divide and form mixture into 8 small balls, then flatten into cakes approximately 1/4-inch thick.
- Sauté cakes over medium-high heat in a skillet coated with non-stick cooking spray until golden brown on both sides.
- While sautéing take ½ cup of spring mix and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Place warm salmon cake on bed of greens.