Savory Green Beans
Write a review
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted*
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- If using fresh green beans, cook in salted boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender. Drain; rinse in cold water.
- Combine onion, water and salt in large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until water evaporates. Add beans, garlic, pepper, cumin and curry powder; stir to coat beans. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until mixture is heated through. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Makes 6 servings.
- *To toast almonds, cook in small nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant.