Roasted Turkey with Moroccan Spice Rub
Write a review
- 1 small whole turkey (8-12 lbs)
- 2 small oranges
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T hot paprika
- 1 T ground cumin
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ t ground turmeric
- 1 T salt
- 1 ½ c chicken stock (plus more, if needed)
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Remove gizzards and neck.
- Rinse turkey and pat dry. Place in roasting pan.
- Poke a small hole in each orange with knife and stuff into cavity.
- Add cinnamon sticks, clove, and bay leaf.
- Tie turkey legs together with kitchen twine.
- Rub bird with oil.
- In small bowl, combine cumin, paprika, cinnamon, turmeric, and salt; rub mixture evenly onto bird.
- Pour sock into pan, being careful not to get any on bird.
- Roast 2 ½ hours, basting every 45 minutes with pan drippings. If pan gets too dry, add more stock ½ c at a time. Thermometer should read 175ºF into thickest part of thigh.
- Let rest 30 minutes before carving.