Puerto Rican Beef
Write a review
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ each green, red and yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- ½ T. ground cumin
- 1 t. ground coriander
- ½ T. turmeric powder
- 1 T. dried oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch Kale or spinach, chopped
- ½ cup pimento-stuffed green olives
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- Peel and quarter sweet potatoes then boil for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and mash.
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef
- Add the bell peppers and onions and sauté until onions and peppers are tender
- Add all the spices and mix well
- Add kale and green olives, stirring often until the kale is tender (about 4-5 minutes).
- Serve over mashed sweet potatoes with a side of sliced avocado.