Pineapple Chicken Kabob
Write a review
- 16 ounces chicken breasts, boneless/skinless, raw
- 1 dry cup pineapple chunks, canned in juice
- 1 yellow/red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon braggs amino acids
- 1/4 onion, red, medium
- Please note that this recipe requires at least 4 hours of marinating time, which is not reflected in the preparation time.
- Cut chicken breast into 1-inch pieces; place in a resealable bag. Drain pineapple chunks, reserving juice.
- For marinade, combine 2 Tbsp. of reserved pineapple juice with lemon juice and soy sauce; pour over chicken.
- Seal bag and set in a shallow dish in the refrigerator. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- To prepare vegetables, wash onion and cut into thin wedges; cut washed bell pepper half into 1-inch chunks.
- Drain the chicken, reserving marinade. Heat marinade for 1 minute in microwave on high setting.
- Using 12-inch metal skewer, alternately thread chicken, onion, bell pepper, and pineapple chunks.
- Brush kabob with the marinade. Preheat broiler.
- Place kabob on broiler rack and broil until chicken is no longer pink and fruit is heated through, turning once halfway through broiling, about 10 to 14 minutes. (Kabobs may also be grilled over medium coals, if preferred.)
- Brush kabobs with marinade after turning over.