Write a review
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 pound cooked ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- ½ jalapeno, minced
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- 1 can coconut milk
- Cilantro (optional)
- Lime juice (optional)
- Bring 4 cups of beef broth to a boil. In a skillet, brown the ground beef and season.
- While beef is cooking, cut all the vegetables and press the garlic.
- Saute (about 5 minutes) the onion, garlic and jalapeno in the bottom of a large soup pot with several tablespoons of olive oil.
- While vegetables are sautéing, open all the cans and measure out the spices.
- Then add all ingredients to the soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. (You can also let it simmer for up to 2 hours.)
- Add coconut milk.
- You can add more seasonings after it cooks. If you want the soup spicier you can add more red pepper, etc. Feel free to experiment! This makes a big pot of soup. If it all won’t fit, don’t add all the chicken broth.