Mediterranean Salad with Pesto Vinaigrette
Write a review
- 2 cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup kalamata olives, quartered
- 2 large chicken breasts, thinly sliced into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons mustard
Pesto Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for the asparagus. While the water is heating, marinate chicken breasts in horseradish, honey and mustard.
- Put all pesto ingredients, excluding the vinegar into a food processor. Pulse until coarsely pureed. Transfer to a bowl and whisk in vinegar.
- Once water is boiling, add asparagus for 4 minutes. Drain and immediately place into an ice water bath to blanch.
- Cook chicken in a skillet, heat beans in a separate skillet.
- Toss everything together in a large salad bowl. Reserve some pesto to use as a garnish with pine nuts.