Write a review
- 1 cup dried apricots, rehydrate by soaking in hot water for 30 minutes
- 1 lb ground lamb
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of saffron threads
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- Mix all ingredients together except for the apricots and cilantro leaves.
- Place the lamb mixture in fridge for 15 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Remove the lamb from the fridge and heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Form the lamb mixture into small meat balls, about ½ a tablespoon size, and fry in the coconut oil for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Cover the meatballs, turn the heat down to medium low and cook another 5 minutes.
- While the meatballs finish cooking, remove the apricots from the water and dry with paper towels.
- Cut the apricots into fourths.
- To serve, take a meatball, top with a couple of cilantro leaves, and top with a piece of apricot. I would suggest spearing it all with a toothpick.
- Makes approximately 25 meatballs.