Honey and Lime Glazed Salmon
Write a review
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 6oz salmon filets
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 cups baby spinach
- In a medium skillet, add onion, salt, pepper and olive oil (optional) over medium heat. Cook for 3 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the juice of 1 lime, honey and chili powder.
- Toss salmon filets in mixture, coating well and cook in hot skillet until just cooked through, 3-4 minutes on each side.
- In the skillet with the cooked onions, add bell peppers, cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, cook for 2 minutes. Add black beans, cook until heated through.
- Remove from heat and add the juice of the second lime, cilantro and spinach. Toss to wilt spinach and adjust the seasonings to taste.