Fruit & Nut Bars
Write a review
- 1/3 cup Almond Flour or Coconut Flour or Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or Honey
- 1 1/2 cups mixture of walnuts, almonds & pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup cranberries or cherries
- 1 1/2 cups dates, figs and/or prunes, pits removed, cut into quarters
- 1 cup dried blueberries or apricots
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder & baking soda. Stir in brown sugar, nuts and dried fruit. Use your fingers to make sure the fruit and nuts are well coated with the flour mixture.
- In separate bowl, beat the egg and vanilla with a wire whisk until light colored and thick. Add the egg mixture to the fruit and nut mixture and mix until all the fruit and nut pieces are coated with batter. Spread into 8 x 11 glass baking dish, pressing to even out.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and it pulls away from the sides of pan. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool. Once cooled, use a sharp knife to cut into squares.
- Can be stored for about 10 days at room temperature or longer if refrigerated.