Double Chocolate Cookies
Write a review
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate (Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips is our favorite brand), 4 oz melted and 4 oz coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ c almond flour/meal
- ½ c unsweetened natural cocoa
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 stick grass fed butter, cubed or ¼ c coconut oil
- 1 c coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 4 ounces of the chocolate.
- Combine almond flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and sugar and either mix together in a mixing bowl or pulse in a food processor.
- Add the butter or coconut oil and mix/process until the dough resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and melted chocolate and mix/process until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Drop by spoonfuls on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until just set, about 8-10 minutes. Be careful not to over bake. The cookies will be soft when you take them out of the oven, but will firm up as they cool due to the melted chocolate in the batter.