Creamy Spring Asparagus Soup
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large leek, white and green parts only, cleaned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium Yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound asparagus, woody stems snapped off and discarded, spears cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Heat EVOO in skillet, add leeks and cook, stirring often until tender, about 10 minutes. Add broth and potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, add asparagus and simmer gently until potatoes and asparagus are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove pot from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Use a submersion blender or transfer soup to a standard blender and puree until smooth. Return soup to pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, whisk in coconut milk and season with salt and pepper. Ladle into soup bowls, garnish with chives and serve.