Crab stuffed mushrooms
Write a review
- 20 button mushrooms, stems and gills removed;
- 2 cups cooked crab meat, canned or fresh and finely chopped;
- 3 tbsp chives, minced;
- 3 cloves garlic, minced;
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano;
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme;
- 1/4 tsp homemade mayonnaise or the same amount of your favorite mustard;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Mix all the stuffing ingredients together in a bowl.
- Scoop a generous portion of the stuffing into each mushroom cavity and bake in the preheated oven on a baking sheet for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool a bit, but serve when still warm.
- Mushrooms are often forgotten on a Paleo diet, but they are definitely a healthy and tasty additions. On top of it, they’re widely available and cheap. This is another easy to prepare, yet fancy appetizer that will be perfect for your guests to start changing their minds about your diet choices if they used to think that the Paleo diet isn’t tasty or is only for extremists. Mushrooms are often stuffed with some form of cheese, but these crab stuffed ones are just as delicious. Simple white button mushrooms are perfect here, but feel free to use any mushroom you have handy and that you can use to put some stuffing inside.