Butternut Squash Soup with Nutmeg
Write a review
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut in cubes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2-4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
- In a large stockpot sauté onion in 1 TBS coconut oil for 2 minutes
- Add chopped butternut squash and 2 cups broth then cook covered on medium/high until fork tender.
- Reduce heat to low and add remaining ingredients. Stir together until combined well. Add additional broth depending on the consistency you’d like.
- Transfer to blender and blend until smooth or use an immersion blender in the soup pot.