Butter Pecan Almond Milk Ice Cream
Write a review
- 4 TBSP grass-fed organic butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup pecans, chopped if preferred
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ c maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- Melt the butter or oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the pecans and 1 tsp salt.
- Cook until pecans are toasted and golden, stirring frequency, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain and reserve the pecans allowing them to cool. The butter or oil can be used for other delicious recipes such as almond meal or coconut flour pancakes.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed or whisk to combine the almond milk, maple syprup and salt.
- Stir in the coconut milk and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Turn on the ice cream maker; pour the mixture in and let mix until thickened, about 15-20 minutes. Five minutes before mixing is completed add the reserved pecans and let mix in completely. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
- *This recipe is perfectly proportioned for a 1 ½ quart ice cream maker like the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker.